Prof. Mishra is the First Young Faculty Research Chair at IIM Indore. His research is in the area of emotions in organizations, stress, well-being, and career issues. One of his papers has been adjudged as the Best Accepted Paper in the Academy of Management Meeting held at Chicago. He is the recipient of the Emerging Diversity Scholar Award from National Centre for Institutional Diversity, University of Michigan. He has received the Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI) Award at Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad for the Best Thesis Proposal.
He is the Editor of Indore Management Journal and in the review panel of many international Journals including Human Resource Management (US), British Journal of Management, Journal of Business Ethics, Relations Industrielles/ Industrial Relations, Personnel Review.
Peer-reviewed Journal (A*/A category according to the ABDC Classification)
1. (Forthcoming). Linking core self-evaluation and emotional exhaustion with workplace loneliness: Does high LMX make the consequence worse? (with Payal Anand). International Journal of Human Resource Management.
2. (Forthcoming). Expectation from Technology and Career Satisfaction: A study among IT Professionals in India (with Gunjan Tomer). Australasian Journal of Information Systems.
3. (Forthcoming). Linking Leader-Follower Proactive Personality Congruence to Creativity (with Roopak Gupta and Ekta Sikarwar). Personnel Review.
4. (Forthcoming). Proactive career behaviours and subjective career success: The moderating role of national culture (with 5C team). Journal of Organizational Behavior.
5. (Forthcoming). Career success schemas and their contextual embeddedness: A comparative configurational perspective (with 5C team). Human Resource Management Journal.
6. (2017). Subordinate-superior upward communication: Power, politics, and political skill (with Kunal Kamal Kumar). Human Resource Management, 56(6), 1015-1037.
7. (2016). Professional identity construction among software engineering students: A study in India (with Gunjan Tomer). Information Technology & People, 29(1), 146-172.
8. (2014). Linking perceived organizational support to emotional labor. Personnel Review, 43(6), 845-860.
9. (2014). Moderation effects of personality and organizational support on the relationship between prior job experience and academic performance of management students (with Nishant Uppal). Studies in Higher Education, 39(6), 1022-1038.
10. (2014). Prior related work experience and job performance: Role of personality (with Nishant Uppal and Neharika Vohra). International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 22(1), 39-51.
11. (2014). Role of brand globalness in consumer evaluation of new product branding strategy (with Plavini Punyatoya and Ashish Sadh). Journal of Brand Management, 21, 171–188.
12. (2012). The linkage between perceived external prestige and emotional labor: Mediation effect of organizational identification among pharmaceutical representatives in India (with Deepti Bhatnagar, Premilla D’Cruz and Ernesto Noronha). Journal of World Business, 47, 204-212.
13. (2010). Linking emotional dissonance and organizational identification to turnover intention and emotional well-being: A study of medical representatives in India (with Deepti Bhatnagar). Human Resource Management, 49(3), 401-419.
Management Case (Peer-reviewed)
- Mishra, S. K. (2017). ESAF – Becoming a Larger and Stronger Bank – A Microfinance Case of Integrating Performance and Organization Systems through Variable Compensation (with S. Vittalarangan). Ranked among the top ten cases in ISB-Ivey Global Case Competition 2017 and was found an Honourable Mention from the panel of judges.
- (2017). Crisis in Happiness Part (A) & (B) (with Arti Sharma). E T Cases: Mumbai, pp. 179-196.
- Mishra, S. K. (2015). Talent Acquisition Group at HCL Technologies: Improving the Quality of Hire through Focused Metrics (with Debolina Dutta and Mathew J. Manimala). Harvard Business Publication, Case No: IMB 491-PDF-ENG available at: .
- Mishra, S. K. (2013). Prabhat Khabar: Innovative HR Practices that helped sustain Journalism as Practice (with Kunal Kamal Kumar). In Jyotsna Bhatnagar, Gita Bajaj and Somnath Ghosh (Eds.), Innovations in People Management: Cases in Organizational Behaviour, HR, and Communication. New Delhi: Macmillan Publishers. Case-7.
Book Chapters (Peer-reviewed)
- (Forthcoming). The Indian cultural paradox (with Kunal Kamal Kumar and Tony Fang). In P. S. Budhwar, R. Kumar & A. Varma (Eds.), Indian Business: Understanding a Rapidly Emerging Economy, UK: Routledge Publication.
- (2017). The dark side of emotional intelligence (with Vivek Khanna). In A. Stachowicz-Stanusch, W. Amann, & G. Mangia (Eds.), Corporate Social Irresponsibility: Individual Behaviors and Organizational Practices, NC: Information Age Publishing, Chapter 2, pp. 11-27.
- Mishra, S. K. (2015). Organizations and Indian Culture: A Multicultural Perspective (with Sreelekha Mishra). In Vijay Pereira and Ashish Malik (Eds.), Investigating Cultural Aspects in Indian Organizations: Empirical Evidence, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, Chapter – 10, pp. 171-183.
- (2014). Capitalism in the Indian Social Environment: An Ethnic Perspective (with Kunal Kamal Kumar). In Hamid Kazeroony and Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch (Eds.), Capitalism and the Social Relationship: An Organizational Perspective, UK: Palgrave Macmillan, Chapter-14, pp. 228-239.
- (2013). Global Careers: An Indian Perspective (with Pawan Budhwar). In Christina Reis and Yehuda Baruch (Eds.), Careers without Borders: Critical Perspectives. London: Routledge Publishers, Chapter-15, pp. 285-296.
- (2011). Sales employee's emotional labor: A question of image or support. In Charmine E.J. Härtel, Neal M. Ashkanasy, Wilfred J. Zerbe (Eds.), What Have We Learned? Ten Years On (Research on Emotion in Organizations), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Chapter 4, pp.107-131.
- (2011). Exploring the antecedent and consequences of authenticity of emotional expression. In Charmine E.J. Härtel, Neal M. Ashkanasy, Wilfred J. Zerbe (Eds.), What Have We Learned? Ten Years On (Research on Emotion in Organizations), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Chapter 12, pp.319-339.