Prof. Mishra is the First Young Faculty Research Chair at IIM Indore. His research is in the area of emotions in organizations, stress, well-being, and career issues. One of his papers has been adjudged as the Best Accepted Paper in the Academy of Management Meeting held at Chicago. He is the recipient of the Emerging Diversity Scholar Award from National Centre for Institutional Diversity, University of Michigan. He has received the Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI) Award at Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad for the Best Thesis Proposal.
He is the Editor of Indore Management Journal and in the review panel of many international Journals including Human Resource Management (US), British Journal of Management, Journal of Business Ethics, Relations Industrielles/ Industrial Relations, Personnel Review.
Spirituality in Management: Insights from India (Editors: S. K. Mishra & A. Varma, 2019), Palgrave macmillan.
JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS (A*/A category according to ABDC classification)
- (2021). Unintended consequences of promotions: Importance of annual incentives for performance management systems (coauthored). Human Resource Management. (FT50)
- (2020). Convergence divergence thesis through sectoral lens: A study of India and China (coauthored). Human Resource Management Review, 30(4), 1-19.
- (2020). Careers in context: An international study of career goals as mesostructure between societies' career-related human potential and proactive career behaviour (coauthored). Human Resource Management Journal, 30 (3), 365-391.
- (2020). Career success schemas and their contextual embeddedness: A comparative configurational perspective (coauthored). Human Resource Management Journal, 30 (3), 422-440.
- (2019). Predictors of job pursuit intention across career stages: A multi-phase investigation (coauthored). International Journal of Human Resource Management.
- (2019). Linking core self-evaluation and emotional exhaustion with workplace loneliness: Does high LMX make the consequence worse? (coauthored) International Journal of Human Resource Management.
- (2019). Expectation from technology and career satisfaction: A study among IT Professionals in India (coauthored). Australasian Journal of Information System, 23, 1-17.
- (2019). Proactive career behaviors and subjective career success: The moderating role of national culture (co-authored). Journal of Organizational Behavior, 40(1), 105-122.
- (2019). Linking leader-follower proactive personality congruence to creativity (coauthored). Personnel Review, 48(2), 454-470.
- (2017). Subordinate-superior upward communication: Power, politics, and political skill (coauthored). Human Resource Management, 56(6), 1015-1037. (FT50)
- (2016). Exploring the process of identity construction among software engineering students in India (coauthored). Information Technology and People, 29(1), 146-172.
- (2014). Linking perceived organizational support to emotional labor. Personnel Review, 43(6), 845 – 860.
- (2014). Moderation effects of personality and organizational support on the relationship between prior job experience and academic performance of management students (coauthored). Studies in Higher Education, 39(6), 1022-1038.
- (2014). Prior related work experience and job performance: Role of personality (coauthored). International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 22(1), 39-51.
- (2014). Role of brand globalness in consumer evaluation of new product branding strategy (coauthored). Journal of Brand Management, 21, 171–188.
- (2012). The linkage between perceived external prestige and emotional labor: Mediation effect of organizational identification among pharmaceutical representatives in India (coauthored). Journal of World Business, 47, 204-212.
- (2010). Linking emotional dissonance and organizational identification to turnover intention and emotional well-being: A study of medical representatives in India (coauthored). Human Resource Management, 49(3), 401-419. (FT50)
PUBLICATION: BOOK CHAPTERS
- (Forthcoming). Employee turnover in India: Insights from the public-private debate (coauthored). In D. Allen & J. Vardaman (Eds.), Global Talent Retention: Understanding Employee Turnover Around the World, Emerald Publishing.
- (2019). The Indian cultural paradox. (co-authored). In P. S. Budhwar, A. Varma, & R. Kumar (Eds.), Indian Business: Understanding a Rapidly Emerging Economy, UK: Routledge Publication.
- (2017). The dark side of emotional intelligence (coauthored). In A. Stachowicz-Stanusch, W. Amann, & G. Mangia (Eds.), Corporate Social Irresponsibility: Individual Behaviors and Organizational Practices, NC: Information Age Publishing, Chapter 2, pp. 11-27.
- (2015). Organizations and Indian culture: A multicultural perspective (coauthored). In Vijay Pereira and Ashish Malik (Eds.), Investigating Cultural Aspects in Indian Organizations: Empirical Evidence, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing, Chapter 10, pp. 171-183.
- (2014). Capitalism in the Indian social environment: An ethnic perspective (coauthored). In Hamid Kazeroony and Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch (Eds.), Capitalism and the Social Relationship: An Organizational Perspective, UK: Palgrave Macmillan (Chapter 14).
- (2013). Global careers: An Indian perspective (coauthored). In Christina Reis and Yehuda Baruch (Eds.), Careers without Borders: Critical Perspectives. London: Routledge Publishers, Chapter 15, pp. 285-296.
- (2011). Sales employee's emotional labor: A question of image or support (Chapter 4). In Charmine E.J. Härtel, Neal M. Ashkanasy, Wilfred J. Zerbe (Eds.), What Have We Learned? Ten Years On (Research on Emotion in Organizations, Volume 7), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.107-131.
- Exploring the antecedent and consequences of authenticity of emotional expression (Chapter 12). In Charmine E.J. Härtel, Neal M. Ashkanasy, Wilfred J. Zerbe (Eds.), What Have We Learned? Ten Years On (Research on Emotion in Organizations, Volume 7), Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.319-339.
PUBLICATIONS: MANAGEMENT CASES
- (2020). Female feticide: The role of national health mission in India (coauthored). Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 10(2). (DOI: 10.1108/EEMCS-03-2019-0056)
- (2017). ESAF – becoming a larger and stronger bank – A microfinance case of integrating performance and organization systems through variable compensation (coauthored). Ranked among the top ten cases in ISB-Ivey Global Case Competition 2017 and was found an Honourable Mention from the panel of judges.
- (2017). Crisis in Happiness Part (A) & (B) (coauthored). E T Cases, pp. 179-196.
- (2015). Talent acquisition group at HCL Technologies: Improving the quality of hire through focused metrics (coauthored). Case No: IMB491-PDF-ENG: https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/product/IMB491.
- (2013). Prabhat Khabar: Innovative HR practices that helped sustain journalism as practice (coauthored). In Jyotsna Bhatnagar, Gita Bajaj and Somnath Ghosh (Eds.), Innovations in People Management: Cases in Organizational Behaviour, HR, and Communication. New Delhi: Macmillan Publishers. pp. 118-134.