1. Fellow in Management (PhD) from Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad – (2005 – 2009).
2. Bachelor of Engineering (BE) from Indian Institute of Engineering, Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur – (1992 – 1996).
1. Associate Professor in Strategic Management at IIM Indore –(since 2012)
2. Assistant Professor in Strategic Management at IIM Indore –(2009-2012)
3. Assistant Labour Commissioner, Govt. of West Bengal (with superior charge of the Office of the Deputy Labour Commissioner, Durgapur Region) – (2002 – 2005)
4. Assistant Engineer (Civil) with M/s. M. N. Dastur and Company Limited – (1996 – 2001)
5. Management Trainee at HCL – Hewlett Packard Ltd. (1996)
1. Theoretical interest in sustainable advantages with special reference to (i) Transaction Costs, institutional uncertainties and voids, (ii) Adaptive Capabilities, (iii) Organizational Slack, (iv) Isolating Mechanisms, (v) Strategic Orientations, (vi) Innovative capabilities and technological core and (vii) social capital and sustainable business models
2. Contextual Interest is predominantly grounded in the banking, insurance, pension and social security instruments and their impact in formation of sustainable social capital.
1. National Scholarship for proficiency in Board Examination (1990)
2. Tate Memorial Scholarship for overall academic proficiency in Bachelor of Engineering at IIEST (1996).
3. Best Thesis Proposal Award at the Doctoral Consortium of Strategic Management Society (SMS) at ISB Hyderabad (2008).
Some Recent Research Publications
1. Basu, S. (2016). G-Auto business model: Diversifying and sustaining under duress. Asian Case Research Journal, Vol 22, Issue 2.
2. Basu, S., & Balodi, K. C. (2015). Configurations of resources, strategy and environment: Evidence from qualitative comparative analysis. Global Business Review, Vol 16, Issue 6.
3. Basu, S. (2014). Explicating the mechanism of BOP ventures: An architectural innovation perspective. South Asian Journal of Management, Volume 21, Issue 3.
4. Basu, S. (2014). Product Market Strategies and Innovation Types: Finding the Fit. Strategic Direction, Vol 30, Issue 3.
5. Basu, S. and Sharma, A. (2014). Exploring stewardship as an antecedent behavioural trait of social entrepreneurs. Journal of Entrepreneurship, Vol 23, Issue 1.