Shubhabrata Basu FRSA
|Name||Shubhabrata Basu FRSA|
|Qualification||Fellow (IIM Ahmedabad)|
- Brief Profile
- Research Publications
- Fellow in Management (PhD) from Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad – (2005 – 2009).
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) from Indian Institute of Engineering, Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur – (1992 – 1996).
- Professor in Strategic Management at IIM Indore (since June 2021)
- Associate Professor in Strategic Management at IIM Indore –(since 2012)
- Assistant Professor in Strategic Management at IIM Indore –(2009-2012)
- Assistant Labour Commissioner, Govt. of West Bengal (with superior charge of the Office of the Deputy Labour Commissioner, Durgapur Region) – (2002 – 2005)
- Assistant Engineer (Civil) with M/s. M. N. Dastur and Company Limited – (1996 – 2001)
- Management Trainee at HCL – Hewlett Packard Ltd. (1996)
- Theoretical interest in Environmental Discontinuities, Emerging Market Institutions, State Owned Enterprises, Innovation Management and Organizational Capabilities
- Contextual Interest is predominantly grounded in the banking, insurance, pension and social security instruments and their impact in formation of sustainable social capital.
- National Scholarship for proficiency in Board Examination (1990)
- Tate Memorial Scholarship for overall academic proficiency in Bachelor of Engineering at IIEST (1996).
- Best Thesis Proposal Award at the Doctoral Consortium of Strategic Management Society (SMS) at ISB Hyderabad (2008).
- Dewang Mehta National Education Award – Best Professor in Strategic Management Studies – 2019
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
Contribution to Academic Community:
- Member – Executive Committee, Indian Academy of Management (INDAM)
- Member – Strategic Management Society
- Member – Academy of Management
- Associate Member of Institution of Engineers, India
- Corporate Member of IIE & Chartered Engineer of Institution of Engineers, India
- Member of West Bengal Labour Services Association & Ex-Member of the Executive Council of the same body.
- Coordinator of Special Interest Group on Aviation Research (SIGAR) at IIM Indore.
Member of Review Board of the following Journals:
- Reviewer with Human Resource Management Review
- Reviewer with Internet Resaerch
- Reviewer with Journal of Business Research.
- Reviewer with International Business Review.
- Reviewer with Long Range Planning (LRP).
- Reviewer with IIMB Management Review.
- Reviewer with Journal of Knowledge Management
- Reviewer with Technological Forecasting and Social Changes
- Conference Paper Reviewer of Academy of Management (AoM), Strategic Management Society (SMS) and British Academy of Management (BAM).
- Conference Co-Chair of Indian Academy of Management (INDAM – 2017) conference
- Panellist, Track Chair at various conferences like Indian Academy of Management (Academy of Management – India Chapter) etc.
- Visiting Research Scholar at Schulich School of Business, York University, Canada (Funded)
- Visiting Research Scholar at Leeds University Business School, UK
- Visiting Research Scholar at Lahti University of Applied Science/LUB University (Funded by Finceal Grant), Finland
- Repeat Recipient of Financial Grant of Rs. 4,00,000/- from IIM Indore to undertake collaborative research with Prof. Surender Munjal, Director, James E. Lynch India and South Asia Business Centre, Leeds University Business School.
- Basu, S., Pereira, V., Sinha, P., Malik, A., & Moovendhan, V. (2022). Esoteric governance mechanism and collective brand equity creation in confederated organizations: Evidence from an emerging economy. Journal of Business Research, 149, 217-230 (ABDC-A/ABS-3).
- Basu, S., Majumdar, B., Mukherjee, K., Munjal, S., & Palaksha, C. (2022). Artificial Intelligence–HRM Interactions and Outcomes: A Systematic Review and Causal Configurational Explanation. Human Resource Management Review, 100893 (ABDC-A/ABS-3).
- Basu, S., Munjal, S., Budhwar, P., & Misra, P. (2021). Entrepreneurial adaptation in emerging markets: Strategic entrepreneurial choices, adaptive capabilities and firm performance. British Journal of Management, 1-23 (ABS-4/ABDC-A).
- Ahammad, M. F., Basu, S., Munjal, S., Clegg, J., & Shoham, O. B. (2021). Strategic agility, environmental uncertainties and international performance: The perspective of Indian firms. Journal of World Business, 56(4), 101218 (ABDC-A*/ABS-4).
- Basu, S., Aulakh, P. S., & Munjal, S. (2021). Pluralistic ignorance, risk perception, and the governance of the dark side in peer-to-peer transactions: Evidence from the Indian banking industry. Journal of Business Research, 129, 328-340. (ABDC-A/ABS-3).
- Basu, S., Munjal, S., Malik, A., & Vrontis, D. (2021). Investigating the causal configurations of cost-efficient firms at the bottom of the pyramid. International Business Review, 30(5), 101810. (ABDC-A/ABS-3).
- Basu, S. & Moovendhan, V. (2017). A Strategic Orientation Perspective: Were Public Sector Banks Victimised through AQR? Economic and Political Weekly, (Special Issue: Money Banking and Finance), Volume 52, Issue 12: 97-105 (ABDC-B).
- Basu, S. (2016). SBI Pension Fund Private Limited: Caught in a Wicked Problem. Journal of International Business Education. Vol 11: 196-228 (ABDC-B/ABS-2).
- Basu, S. (2016). G-Auto Business Model: Diversifying and Sustaining Under Duress. Asian Case Research Journal, Volume 22, Issue 2.
- Basu, S. (2015). Configurations of resources, strategy and environment: Evidence from qualitative comparative analysis. (co-authored by Balodi, K. C.) Global Business Review (Sage Publications). Expected Publication in December 2015, Volume 16, Issue 6.
- Basu, S. (2014). Explicating the mechanism of BOP ventures: An architectural innovation perspective. South Asian Journal of Management, (AMDISA Publications), Jul-Sept, Volume 21, Issue 3.
- Basu, S. (2014). Product Market Strategies and Innovation Types: Finding the Fit. Strategic Direction (Emerald Publication), 30(3): 28-31.
- Basu, S. and Sharma, A. (2014). Exploring stewardship as an antecedent behavioural trait of social entrepreneurs. The Journal of Entrepreneurship (Sage Publication), 23(1): 19-33.
- Basu, S. (2012). Conversation with N. S. Raghavan. Indore Management Journal, 4(1): 7-10.
- Basu, S. (2012). Knowledge evolution and innovation linkages: Evidences from Indian state owned enterprise. International Journal of Business Excellence, (Inderscience Publications), Volume 6, Issue 4, pp: 377-392. (ISSN (online): 1756-0055, ISSN (print): 1756-0047).
- Basu, S. (2012). A game theoretic approach to conciliation – adjudication model in resolving industrial disputes, Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 47(3). (ISSN: 0019-5286).
- Basu, S. (2012). Technical Note – Firm Level Competitiveness. Indore Management Journal, 3(3).
- Basu, S. (2011). Case commentaries on euthanasia: Should it be made lawful or otherwise, Indore Management Journal, 2(2), (ISSN: 0975-5012).
- Basu, S. (2011). Case commentaries: Samriddhi: Reinventing the vegetable supply chain in Bihar, Indore Management Journal, 2(4), (ISSN: 0975-5012).
- Basu, S. and Ravichandran, N. (2010). Towards the strategic transformation of Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation, Indore Management Journal, 2(1). (ISSN: 0975-5012).
- Basu, S. (2009). Quo Vadis – The retail hub business of national bank, Indore Management Journal, 1(3). (ISSN: 0975-5012).
- Basu, S. (2008). Review of the book Dabawalas. Vikalpa The Journal of Decision Makers, 33, (3), 148-149. (ISSN: 0256-0909).