Please find her Homepage here: https://aektaaggarwal.github.io/
Dr. Aekta Aggarwal is working as a faculty in the area of Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques at IIM Indore. She holds Ph.D. in Mathematics from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research and specializes in Applied Mathematics. The core of her Ph.D. work was understanding of mathematical models for granular matter theory and the topic of her doctoral dissertation was Numerical Methods for a Hyperbolic System of Balance Laws Arising in Granular Matter Theory.
She was also awarded an Institute grant of Rs 4,00,000 for visiting University of Wurzburg on a research project.
Prior to joining here, she was a post-doctoral researcher with Dr. Paola Goatin and Professor Rinaldo Colombo (University of Brescia, Italy) in the team OPALE, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France. Her research there dealt with applications of hyperbolic partial differential equations to analysis of macroscopic models for pedestrian and traffic flows.
She holds M.Sc. degree in (Applied) Mathematics from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore and B.A. (Honors) in Mathematics from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi.
She was a recipient of National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholarship award in 2001. She has been awarded with national and international travel grants for foreign research visits and presentations at conferences.
Her office is located in M102, and her telephone extension is 593 (Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Numerical Approximation of Partial Differential Equations, applications of non-local hyperbolic conservation laws to crowd dynamics and supply chain management.
2. Developing advanced Machine Learning Models for Interdisciplinary research problems
1. Calculus, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Linear Algebra and Partial Differential Equations.
2. Analytics, Mathematics for Machine Learning
1. Aggarwal, A., Vaidya, G., & Gowda, G. D. (2020). Godunov type solvers for Hyperbolic Systems admitting $delta-$ shocks. arXiv preprint arXiv:2006.14971.
2. Anand, V., Nanjundappa P., Verma L., Aggarwal A., Rai H. (2020). Empirical Study on Distress during Covid 19 among Indians
3. Anand, V., Nanjundappa P., Aggarwal A., Verma L., Rai H. (2020). Work From Home and Employee Wellbeing during Covid 19
1. Aggarwal, A., Colombo, R. M., & Goatin, P. (2015). Nonlocal systems of conservation laws in several space dimensions. SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, 53(2), 963-983
2. Adimurthi, A., Aggarwal, A., & Gowda, G. V. (2016). Godunov-type numerical methods for a model of granular flow. Journal of Computational Physics, 305, 1083-1118
3. Aggarwal, A., & Gowda, G. V. (2016). Godunov-Type Numerical Methods for a Model of Granular Flow on Open Tables with Walls. Communications in Computational Physics, 20(4), 1071-1105
4. Aggarwal, A., & Goatin, P. (2016). Crowd dynamics through non-local conservation laws. Bulletin of the Brazilian Mathematical Society, New Series, 47(1), 37-50
5. Aggarwal, A., Sahoo, M. R., Sen, A., & Vaidya, G. (2020). Solutions with concentration for conservation laws with discontinuous flux and its applications to numerical schemes for hyperbolic systems. Studies in Applied Mathematics, 145(2), 247-290.