|Qualification||Post-Doctorate (INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France), M.Sc., Ph.D. (TIFR)|
- Brief Profile
- Research Publications
She is an Associate Professor in the Department of Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques Area , Indian Institute of Management, Indore. She holds Ph.D. in Mathematics from the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research and specializes in Applied Mathematics. Prior to joining here, she was a post-doctoral researcher in the team OPALE, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France, and worked on mathematical models of pedestrian and traffic flow. She holds an M.Sc. degree in (Applied) Mathematics from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore, and B.A. (Honours) in Mathematics from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi.
She teaches a number of Applied courses, majorly concentrated on mathematical foundations in business and workplaces, across various programs at IIM Indore and conduct research on the following topics in Applied Mathematics:
- Hyperbolic conservation laws:
Numerical methods for hyperbolic conservation laws, which satisfy important physical model properties, model real-life problems ranging from granular matter to crowd dynamics.
- Machine Learning:
Machine learning algorithms for predicting employee and organizational mental health.
Read more at https://aektaaggarwal.github.io/
1. Numerical Approximation of Partial Differential Equations, applications of non-local hyperbolic conservation laws to crowd dynamics and supply chain management.
2. Developing advanced Machine Learning Models for Interdisciplinary research problems
1. Calculus, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Linear Algebra and Partial Differential Equations.
2. Analytics, Mathematics for Machine Learning
1. Anand, V., Nanjundappa P., Aggarwal A., Verma L., Rai H. (20215). Work From Home and Employee Wellbeing during Covid 19
2. Aggarwal, A., Vaidya, G., & Gowda, G. D. (2020). Godunov type solvers for Hyperbolic Systems admitting $delta-$ shocks. arXiv preprint arXiv:2006.14971.
3. Anand, V., Nanjundappa P., Verma L., Aggarwal A., Rai H. (2020). Empirical Study on Distress during Covid 19 among Indians
4. Anand, V., Nanjundappa P., Aggarwal A., Verma L., Rai H. (2020). Work From Home and Employee Wellbeing during Covid 19
1. Aggarwal, A., Vaidya, G. & Gowda, G.D.V. Positivity-preserving numerical scheme for hyperbolic systems with δ-shock solutions and its convergence analysis. Z. Angew. Math. Phys. 72, 165 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00033-021-01590-y
2. Anand V, Verma L, Aggarwal A, Nanjundappa P, Rai H (2021) COVID-19 and psychological distress: Lessons for India. PLoS ONE 16(8): e0255683.
3. Aggarwal, A., Sahoo, M. R., Sen, A., & Vaidya, G. (2020). Solutions with concentration for conservation laws with discontinuous flux and its applications to numerical schemes for hyperbolic systems. Studies in Applied Mathematics, 145(2), 247-290.
4. Aggarwal, A., & Goatin, P. (2016). Crowd dynamics through non-local conservation laws. Bulletin of the Brazilian Mathematical Society, New Series, 47(1), 37-50
5. Aggarwal, A., & Gowda, G. V. (2016). Godunov-Type Numerical Methods for a Model of Granular Flow on Open Tables with Walls. Communications in Computational Physics, 20(4), 1071-1105
6. Adimurthi, A., Aggarwal, A., & Gowda, G. V. (2016). Godunov-type numerical methods for a model of granular flow. Journal of Computational Physics, 305, 1083-1118
7. Aggarwal, A., Colombo, R. M., & Goatin, P. (2015). Nonlocal systems of conservation laws in several space dimensions. SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, 53(2), 963-983