Dr. Aekta Aggarwal is working as a faculty in the area of Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques at IIM Indore. She holds Ph.D. in Mathematics from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research and specializes in Applied Mathematics. Prior to joining here, she was a post-doctoral researcher with Dr. Paola Goatin and Professor Rinaldo Colombo (University of Brescia, Italy) in the team OPALE, INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France. Her research there dealt with applications of hyperbolic partial differential equations to analysis of macroscopic models for pedestrian and traffic flows.She holds M.Sc. degree in (Applied) Mathematics from Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Centre for Applicable Mathematics, Bangalore and B.A. (Honours) in Mathematics from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi.
Her research interests include Partial Differential Equations, Hyperbolic Conservation Laws, Numerical Analysis, Mathematical Modeling and applications of non-local hyperbolic conservation aws to crowd dynamics and supply chain management.Her teaching interests include Calculus, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, Linear Algebra and Partial Differential Equations.
She was a recipient of National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholarship award in 2001. She has been awarded with national and international travel grants for foreign research visits and presentations at conferences.
1. Numerical Methods for Hyperbolic Conservation Laws
2. Numerical Schemes for physical models governed by Partial Differential Equations
Articles/Research Papers Published in Journals
1. A. Aggarwal, R. M. Colombo, and P. Goatin, Nonlocal systems of conservation laws in several space dimensions, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, 53(2), 963-983, (2015). (Impact Factor, 1.788, A* as per AMS)
2. A. Adimurthi, A., A. Aggarwal, and G.D. Veerappa Gowda. Godunov-type numerical methods for a model of granular flow, Journal of Computational Physics, 305, 1083-1118, (2016). (Impact Factor,
2.434, A* as per AMS)
3. A. Aggarwal, and P. Goatin, Crowd Dynamics through non-local conservation laws, Bulletin of the
Brazilian Mathematical Society, New Series, 47(1), 37-50, (2016). (Impact Factor, 0.488)
4. A. Adimurthi, A., A. Aggarwal, and G.D. Veerappa Gowda. Godunov-type numerical methods for a model of granular flow on open tables with walls, (Accepted in Communications in Computational
Physics). (Impact Factor, 1.943)