Subin Sudhir is an Assistant Professor in the Marketing area at IIM Indore. He has completed his Fellow Program in Management (FPM) from the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK). His doctoral dissertation explored rumor sharing behavior among consumers in the marketplace. His research interests include Consumer Behavior, Word of Mouth, Rumor Research in Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, and Digital Marketing. Subin has earned his MBA, and B.Tech (EEE) degrees from the Kerala University. He has been associated with various organizations prior to joining IIM Indore, which include IIM Trichy, Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Institute for Customer Relationship Management (iCRM), Tata Elxsi Limited, and Wipro Technologies. Subin has worked on multiple projects in domains such as consumer research and insights, digital marketing, marketing automation, marketing of high-technology services, etc. He also engages actively with few organizations in social development projects such as the Authors of Change Program (NSEF), National Innovation Foundation (NIF) and the Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institutions (SRISTI).
During his doctoral studies, he has participated in various academic conferences and doctoral consortiums; which include the AIM-AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium, AMA Marketing Educators Conference, and INFORMS Society for Marketing Science Conference (among others.) His teaching interests include Sales and Distribution Management, Consumer Behavior, Retail Strategy, Customer Relationship Management, Marketing Research, Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing.
Publications and Working Papers
1. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2016). Rumour Sharing in the Marketplace: A Manifestation of Anxiety, Arousal, and Valence. (No. IIMK/WPS/197/MM/ 2016/08). Working Paper, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
2. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2014). Measuring Consumer Motivations to Share Rumors: Scale Development. International Journal of Online Marketing (IJOM), 4(3), 51-67.
3. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2013). Rumor Sharing in The Marketplace: What Motivates The Consumer? (No. IIMK/WPS/139/MKTG/2013/25). Working Paper, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
1. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2017). Role of Felt Emotions in Marketplace Rumormongering. In Winter Marketing Educators Conference. USA: American Marketing Association. (Forthcoming)
2. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2014). Rumor Sharing Behavior in the Marketplace: A Study on Motivations. In 36th ISMS Marketing Science Conference. Atlanta, GA, USA: INFORMS.
3. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2014). Rumors in the Marketplace: What Drives Them? In AMA Summer 2014 Summer Marketing Educators Conference. San Francisco, CA, USA: American Marketing Association.
4. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2016). Emotions Drive Consumer’s Decision to Share Rumours in the Marketplace: An Exploration of the Two-Factor Structure of Affect. In International Conference on Marketing, Technology and Society. Kozhikode, India: Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIMK)
5. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2016). Rumour Sharing in the Marketplace: A Manifestation of Anxiety, Arousal, and Valence. In International Communication Management Conference (ICMC). Ahmedabad, INDIA: MICA.
6. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2015). Modeling the Spread of Product Related Rumors in the Marketplace – An Agent Based Simulation. In International Conference on Contemporary Thinking in Marketing. Mumbai, INDIA: S. P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR).
7. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2015). Relationship Management and Information Sharing Motivations of Rumor Sharing in the Marketplace. In 6th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies, 2015. Ahmedabad, INDIA: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.
8. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2012). Customer Motivations to Share Product Related Rumours. In 6th Great Lakes NASMEI Marketing Conference. Chennai, INDIA: Great Lakes Institute of Management.
9. Sudhir, S. (2012). Marketing Challenges in the Diffusion of Grassroot Innovations: A Case study from India. In AIM International Conference on Innovations in Marketing for Emerging Markets: Global Challenges and Opportunities. Bangalore, INDIA: Academy of Indian Marketing.
10. Sudhir, S., & Unnithan, A. B. (2012.). Product-Related Rumour Sharing Behaviour: An Agent Based Simulation. In COSMAR 2012. Bangalore, INDIA: Indian Institute of Science.
11. Sudhir, S. (2011). Electrical motor: A metaphorical look at consumer behaviour. In 5th Great Lakes NASMEI Marketing Conference. Chennai, India: Great Lakes Institute of Management.