The Maritime Logistics Research Group at IIM Indore (MLRG-IIMI), is a collaborative group of faculty members from the business management area at IIM Indore and other institutes and industry experts in the maritime industry. The group has research interests in business and policy aspects of the maritime industry. We discuss and identify important opportunities and bottlenecks in the development of maritime industry in India and disseminate knowledge in the form of white papers, reports,and research publications.
MLRG-IIMI members consist of motivated academicians and professionals having interest in the Indian maritime industry. We collaborate with reputed organizations and research and consulting firms which share an interest in the maritime sector. Group members have ready access to industry knowledge through our active industry members and other collaborations.
MLRG-IIMI aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide a center and forum for collaborative research, training and consulting in the maritime industry in India
- Identify relevant business and policy bottlenecks and opportunities in the maritime industry in India and develop a knowledge base combined with advanced data analysis
- Communicate research findings in the form of white papers, industry reports, and research publications
- Seek funded research projects and grants available for collaborative research in the maritime logistics sector
- Develop and provide high-quality executive training programs in maritime logistics
- Develop high standard research capability in maritime logistics