IIM Indore and IIT Indore Jointly Offer
a two-year degree programme
Master of Science in Data Science and Management
(Blended Learning Mode)
Enquiry Form | For detailed information | DMAT Sample Question Paper
Business problems need to be jointly addressed by managers and data analysts. Decisions based on analytics need to be made by managers, which they can do only if they understand the data science tools and techniques. Generally, the programmes offered in this domain have focused more on some specific tools and techniques while the business context in which these tools have been applied have received less attention. Hence, a comprehensive programme that focuses both on business knowledge and technical expertise is needed. The IIT and IIMs ‘Master’s in Data Science and Management’ programme will provide better education to future data scientists. The programme will cover general concepts on algorithms, data structures, big data infrastructure, big data analytics life cycle, data security and management, contemporary management thoughts including behavior elements.
In today’s environment to remain relevant managers and entrepreneurs need to develop data-driven paradigm to solve new classes of problems which we were not able to solve in the past. Data sciences field is having amazing impact on every aspect of our lives and society.
Education in data science is the key to success and IIT and IIM’s Mater of Science in Data Science and Management programme will provide better education to future data scientists. The programme will cover general concepts on algorithms, data structures, big data infrastructure, big data analytics life cycle, data security and management, contemporary management thoughts including behavior elements. There are four pillars to this programme, i.e., Data, Technology, People, Enterprise Strategy. These pillars are constructed to cultivate the much-required skills for data scientists, i.e., leadership skills, communication skills, eye for business and value, project management, big data analytics life cycle, big data technologies and solutions, data management skills, systems thinking.
The programme structure is divided into six trimesters from basic to advanced courses.
The trimester I to trimester IV of the programme will cover the following broad topics:
- Probability and Statistics
- Programming and Data structures
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods
- Database Management System
- Machine Learning: Foundation to Advanced
- Artificial Intelligence: Foundation to Advanced
- Research Methodology
- Managerial Communication
- Managerial Economics
- Organizational Behavior
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Management
- Understanding Financial Statements and Functions of Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Information Systems
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Business Analytics
- Data Visualization and Storytelling
In the fifth trimester, participants will be offered a pool of electives to choose from the advanced courses offered by the two Institutes.
In the sixth trimester, participants will also be a part of the project work and will be working under the direction of expert faculty from both the Institutes.
- First class (as defined by the awarding Institute/ University) or 60% or 6.0 CPI /6.0 CGPA (on a scale of 10) [relaxation for SC/ ST/ PwD category as per Government of India rule] degree in
– BTech/ BE/ BS/ BPharm/ BArch/ BDes/BFTech Four years BSc/ MSc/MCA/ MBA
– Equivalent with having done at least two courses in Mathematics and one in Computer Programming at qualifying degree level.
- CAT/GATE/GMAT/GRE/JAM test score obtained anytime in the last three years
DMAT (Data science and Management Aptitude Test) will be online as well as in physical mode on June 25, 2023.*
The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The final selection will be based on the performance in the interview.
Up to 200 candidates will be considered for admission to the programme (Reservation in admissions as per Government of India rules).
- The teaching will be online with 15 days on-campus modules at both the Institutes.
- 14 to 15 hours per week live lectures (2 hrs. per day on weekdays and 4-5 hrs. on Saturday).
Lecture timing – 7:00 – 8:00 PM and 8:15 – 9:15 PM on weekdays (tentative).
Lecture timing – 10:45 AM – 11:45 AM, 12:00 noon – 1:00 PM, 2:45 PM – 3:45 PM and 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM on Saturdays (tentative).
- The mandatory in-person contact period is planned for one month during the programme.
- Application window opens: April 12, 2023.*
- Last date of applications : June 15,2023*
- DMAT (Data science and Management Aptitude Test) will be online as well as in physical mode on June 25, 2023.*
- Registration will start from: August 07, 2023.*
- Classes will start from: August 09, 2023*
*All dates are tentative.
For detailed information please visit the website- https://msdsm.iiti.ac.in
The Executive Education Office
Indian Institute of Management, Indore, Prabandh Shikhar,
Indore — 453556
Madhya Pradesh, India
Please note that IIM Indore reserves the right to change the programme design, format, number of sessions, certificate format, terms in the programme or can incorporate any such change deemed necessary by the institute without prior intimation.