Launched by IIM Indore in 2011, the five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) is the first of its kind in India. The programme has been accredited by the Association of MBAs, London (4th and 5th Year). It is a unique and creative programme meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations. Through the IPM, IIM Indore seeks to attract young students, and mould them as outstanding leaders through a world-class education.
IPM is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from schools across India.
To produce contextually relevant, socially-conscious managers and leaders with a foundation of world class education in social sciences followed by management education.
Given the nature of the programme (first 3 year of UG and next 2 years of PG education) learning goals of IPM are split into those for the first 3 years and the last two years.
Learning goals for the first three years (under graduate level) of the programme:
The IPM will enable students to:
1. Demonstrate language skills
2. Demonstrate oral communication skills
3. Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
4. Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
5. Enhance physical well-being
Learning goals of the last two years (Post graduate level)
Last two years of the programme are at Post-graduate level and the IPM students are mixed with the PGP programme students and they go through the same set of courses as the PGP programme. Hence the learning goals for these two years are the same as that of the PGP Programme. These goals are:
6. Enable students to understand relevance of context in business
7. Develop social consciousness
8. Develop critical thinking skills
9. Inculcate integrative thinking ability
10. Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
11. Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analysis and reports.
12. Develop competence in quantitative analysis
13. Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics
The Programme consists of 15 terms spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months. IPM is in two parts. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management.
The foundation has three major elements:
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigour.
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Science, Engineering, Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
A combination of analytical rigour and wide exposure equips IPM students for leadership roles and positions of responsibility in different sectors.
After 3 years of intensive study of foundational disciplines, the IPM students train as managers along with the students of the Institute’s 2-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), undertaking the same course package in management studies in years 4 and 5.
IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3, and a business internship between years 4 and 5. This experiential learning inculcates leadership qualities in them and hones their managerial skills further.
On successful completion of the five year rigorous academic experience, the participants would be awarded Integrated Diploma in Management by IIM Indore. A Study Centre and an Examination Centre of Indira Gandhi National Open University have been opened at IIM Indore to facilitate the students to get a bachelor’s degree.
Courses Offered in First 3 Years
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
- Foundation Courses in Maths & Statistics
- Game Theory
- Stochastic Modelling
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Mathematical Modelling
- Micro and Macro-economics
- Indian Economy
- Money, Banking and Finance
- International Trade
Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Foundations of Management
- Introduction to Sociology & Psychology
- India & World Politics
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Business, Government and Society
- Business History
- Principles of Management
- Languages: English, Sanskrit, Spanish, German
- Foundation Courses in Science & Engineering
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Film Making, Painting, Sculpture, Dance, Music
Courses Offered at PGP Level
(Same as PGP Curriculum)
- Finance & Accounting
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Systems
- OB & HR
- Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
- Rural Immersion Programme
- Himalaya Outbound Programme
- Industry Visit Workshop
- Other Optional Workshops
Fees and Accommodation
The course fee for resident Indians for the first three years of the IPM would be Rs. 4,00,000/- (Rupees four lakh) per annum and Rs. 6,00,000/- (Rupees six lakh) for Non Resident Indian (NRI) and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI). Course fee for the fourth and fifth years would be as per prevailing Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) fees. The course fee includes lodging, access to lectures, computer facilities and library.
Accommodation would be arranged on sharing basis for the first three years of IPM. Single room accommodation would be made available for the fourth and fifth years of the Programme.
IIM Indore has always been cognizant of an institute’s role in shaping the thought processes of
its students and has, therefore, made social sensitivity a mainstay of its residential programmes.
The IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3.
In addition to the Social Internship, IPM students do a business internship along with the PGP students between years 4 & 5.
The students undergo a rigorous selection process:
- An application form aimed at understanding the students’ proficiency in academics, as well as in co-curricular activities is filled up by the aspirant.
- An entrance examination follows, to test the applicant’s aptitude, logical reasoning and proficiency in English and Mathematics.
- Shortlisted candidates appear for personal interviews. The interview panel comprises well–qualified professors from IIM Indore and other prestigious institutions. The interview judges the students’ level of confidence, communication skills, general awareness, persuasion skills and knowledge.
IIM Indore admits about 120 students to the IPM every year.
IIM Indore has a well-qualified faculty across academic disciplines. IPM students are taught by a mix of resident and eminent visiting faculty, resource persons from renowned colleges/institutes and industry experts.
Apart from academic programmes, the IPM participants are exposed to various extra-curricular activities in order to inculcate in them leadership qualities and managerial skills. The IPM participants have formed several Clubs/Committees through which they complement their academic activities.