Launched by IIM Indore in 2011, the five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) is the first of its kind in India. It is a unique and creative programme meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations. Through the IPM, IIM Indore seeks to attract young students, and mould them as outstanding leaders through a world-class education.
IPM is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from schools across India.
The Programme consists of 15 terms spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months. IPM is in two parts. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management.
The foundation has three major elements:
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigour.
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Science, Engineering, Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
A combination of analytical rigour and wide exposure equips IPM students for leadership roles and positions of responsibility in different sectors.
After 3 years of intensive study of foundational disciplines, the IPM students train as managers along with the students of the Institute’s 2-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), undertaking the same course package in management studies in years 4 and 5.
IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3, and a business internship between years 4 and 5. This experiential learning inculcates leadership qualities in them and hones their managerial skills further.
On successful completion of the five year rigorous academic experience, the participants would be awarded Integrated Diploma in Management by IIM Indore. A Study Centre and an Examination Centre of Indira Gandhi National Open University have been opened at IIM Indore to facilitate the students to get a bachelor’s degree.
Courses Offered in First 3 Years
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
- Foundation Courses in Maths & Statistics
- Game Theory
- Stochastic Modelling
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Mathematical Modelling
- Micro and Macro-economics
- Indian Economy
- Money, Banking and Finance
- International Trade
Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Foundations of Management
- Introduction to Sociology & Psychology
- India & World Politics
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Business, Government and Society
- Business History
- Principles of Management
- Languages: English, Sanskrit, Spanish, German
- Foundation Courses in Science & Engineering
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Film Making, Painting, Sculpture, Dance, Music
Courses Offered at PGP Level
(Same as PGP Curriculum)
- Finance & Accounting
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Systems
- OB & HR
- Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
- Rural Immersion Programme
- Himalaya Outbound Programme
- Industry Visit Workshop
- Other Optional Workshops
Fees and Accommodation
Tuition fees for the first 3 years would be about Rs. 3,00,000/- per annum and for the next two years it would be as per prevailing PGP fees. Tuition fee does not include boarding and lodging charges. Accommodation would be arranged on a sharing basis for the first 3 years. Single room accommodation would be made available for the 4th and 5th year of the Programme.
IIM Indore has always been cognizant of an institute’s role in shaping the thought processes of
its students and has, therefore, made social sensitivity a mainstay of its residential programmes.
The IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3.
In addition to the Social Internship, IPM students do a business internship along with the PGP students between years 4 & 5.
The students undergo a rigorous selection process:
- An application form aimed at understanding the students’ proficiency in academics, as well as in co-curricular activities is filled up by the aspirant.
- An entrance examination follows, to test the applicant’s aptitude, logical reasoning and proficiency in English and Mathematics.
- Shortlisted candidates appear for personal interviews. The interview panel comprises well–qualified professors from IIM Indore and other prestigious institutions. The interview judges the students’ level of confidence, communication skills, general awareness, persuasion skills and knowledge.
IIM Indore admits about 120 students to the IPM every year.
IIM Indore has a well-qualified faculty across academic disciplines. IPM students are taught by a mix of resident and eminent visiting faculty, resource persons from renowned colleges/institutes and industry experts.
Apart from academic programmes, the IPM participants are exposed to various extra-curricular activities in order to inculcate in them leadership qualities and managerial skills. The IPM participants have formed several Clubs/Committees through which they complement their academic activities.